Meeting Agenda - Oct 16

Hi everyone, I have added a proposed agenda for our meeting tomorrow in our Agenda document (here). It is copied below as well for convenience.  Please let me know if you have additions, suggestions or comments.

Thanks,

Kay

Agenda:

  • Housekeeping
    • Welcome new members (Steve Springett, Ido Green)
    • Face to Face Meeting(s)
      • Longer Conference Call Week of Nov 4?
        • One week ahead of 11/11 submission
        • Keep in mind for working group members
      • Nov 18/19 in SanDiego (CD Summit/Kubecon)?
        • Opportunity to meet; Kay exploring meeting locations
      • Dec 10/11 in Long Beach CA (OMG Technical Meeting)
        • Half day on 10th/full day on 11th
        • Dec 9 - presentation to OMG Architecture Board
        • Dec 12 - Architecture Board meets again
  • User scenarios (here) - Kay (filling in for William Bartholomew)
    • What are some reference examples for user scenarios (per Kay’s email to WG)?
    • What other scenarios do we want to add?
    • Small working group for scenarios? Who involved? Next steps?
  • SPDX 3.0
    • William Bartholomew presented SBOM-friendly SPDX 3.0 at monthly tech meeting
      • Remove requirements on licensing
      • Add concepts including the following
        • Signing
        • Ways of describing people, companies (identity)
        • Partial consumption of external SBOM (take a file out of another package)
        • Enhance concept of annotations – attach structured data to different entities in the SBOM
      • Split into profiles (base, licensing, security, etc.)
  • Plan for next week