Re: [EXT] Re: SBoM or SBOM?

+1 for SBOM as well

From: Steve Springett Sent: Monday, October 21, 2019 5:59 PM
To: Kay Williams
Subject: [EXT] Re: SBoM or SBOM?

+1 for SBOM
On Oct 21, 2019, 4:57 PM -0500, Kay Williams wrote:

Hi all,

Here is a terminology question for our group: what acronym do we use for the thing we are standardizing?  Spelled out long hand, it is a ‘Software Bill of Materials’.  Technically, then, the acronym would be ‘SBoM’. For simplicity, and ease of typing on a keyboard, I would prefer to use the all-caps version – ‘SBOM’.

Bob and I were talking earlier today and he has been thinking in this direction as well.

Are others okay with ‘SBOM’ as the acronym?  Any issues?

Thanks!

Kay