RE: Model suggestions for the IP / licensing section

Hi Steve,

I just realized I didn’t answer your second question:

Are SPDX license expressions something that can be validated with XML schema and/or JSON schema?

[G.O.] no, as far as I can tell – this is the disadvantage of this approach.  To fully validate the _expression_, you would need to include the full rather complex model.  We have some SPDX tools that have implementations of license _expression_ validation in Java, Python, Golang.  _javascript_/Node is on its way.

If anyone is interested in these tools implementation let me know and I’ll give you more info.

—Steve

On Dec 12, 2019, 1:32 PM -0600, Gary O'Neall <Email: