How Digital Service Providers Use Software Quality Standards with Customers
Vendors that provide Information Technology (IT), software, and digital services for customers are using software quality standards to measure software quality, security, and technical debt. First and foremost, producing quality code and architecture is critical to a digital service provider's business and reputation. The vendor's team uses standards to make sure what is being delivered or maintained is acceptable or of high quality with the goal of continuous quality improvement.
Vendors are using standards with customers in the following ways:
- To measure software quality, technical debt and development productivity on service projects
- As quality metrics in scorecards and dashboards given to the customer
- Benchmarking of customer applications
- When competing for business or performing due diligence
- To demonstrate compliance or certify software quality
Development teams are also using standards to improve the maturity of their DevOps practices. In this presentation delivered by Prabha Anand, AVP of Delivery Excellence at Cognizant and CISQ sponsor, she discusses how to measure quality and velocity in DevOps (PDF) with metrics.